LeeShanok IT News: End-of-Support / End-of-Life
2019 is an important year in that some of the most popular operating system and productivity software revisions will reach End of Support in 2019 or 2020, after which security and reliability patches will no longer be released by the manufacturer. With perpetual licensing, your software will continue to run after the EOS date, but it will become increasingly vulnerable to malicious attacks and instability resulting in freezes or crashes. This progression is particularly risky with server and gateway class devices, which can impact an entire organization and take time to correct.
Many of these upgrades require project planning, financial outlay and resource downtime, so it's a good idea to begin planning up to a year in advance. If you are unsure of your situation, our team is available to help you evaluate and plan.
Red - Past End-of-Support, needs replacement ASAP.
Yellow - Reaching End-of-Support end of 2019 or beginning of 2020.
- MS Office 2003 is at end of support on April 8, 2014
- MS Office 2007 is at end of support on October 10, 2017
- MS Office 2010 is at end of support on October 13, 2020
- MS Office 2013 is at end of support on April 11, 2023
Desktop Operating Systems:
- Windows XP is at end of support on April 8, 2014
- Windows 7 is at end of support on January 14, 2020
- Windows 8 reached end of support on January 12, 2016
- Windows 8.1 is at end of support on January 10, 2023
- MS Exchange Server 2007 is at end of support on April 11, 2017
- MS Exchange Server 2010 is at end of support on January 14, 2020
- MS Exchange Server 2013 will reach end of support on April 11, 2023
- Windows Server 2003 is at end of support on July 1, 2015
- Windows Server 2008 R2 is at end of support on Jan 14, 2020
- Windows Server 2012 R2 will reach end of support on Oct 10, 2023
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is at end of support on July 9, 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP4 is at end of support on July 9, 2019
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2(SP3) is at end of support on July 9, 2019
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP4) is at end of support on July 12, 2022
- Cisco SA520 is at end of support on April 30, 2016
- Cisco ASA5505 Firewall end of life, last date of to purchase extended support is November 20, 2021
- VMware ESXi 5.5 is at end of support on September 19, 2018
- VMware ESXi 6.0 is at end of support on March 12, 2020
- VMware ESXi 6.5, 6.7 is at end of support on November 15, 2021
- Wireless Access Points – Replace older models on 802.11a/b/g
- Cisco Aironet 1040, 1100, 1200, 1600 have all reached end of support
- Meraki MR16 is end of support on May 31, 2021
It's human nature to wait until the last minute, but these expirations affect everyone universally and concurrently, which will cause a "mad scramble" near the end of 2019. So please don't wait too long before contacting us for advice.
Your Technology Partner, The LeeShanok Team