The conflict in Ukraine is increasing the threat of Russian cyberattacks against American businesses. The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has released guidance on how US businesses should bolster their cyber defenses.
What should I do?
While there are no specific, credible threats at this time, CISA’s “Shields Up” guidance outlines specific actions businesses of all sizes should take to be prepared if this volatile situation changes. The highlights of those recommendations include:
- Enable Multifactor Authentication
- Ensure all software is up to date, especially patching known vulnerabilities
- Empower IT to quickly investigate unusual network behavior
- Lower suspicious activity reporting thresholds to leadership and the government
- Designate a crisis-response team
- Test backup and business continuity capabilities
- Empower your IT security leader with decision making authority
Read CISA’s complete recommendations for improving defenses against retaliatory Russian cyberattacks.
LeeShanok is ready to help your organization implement these recommendations if needed.
Your Technology Partner,
The LeeShanok Team
Phoenix: 602-277-5757 Tucson: 520-888-9122 ITNews@leeshanok.com
Newsletter Repository: https://www.leeshanok.com/leeshanok-news