Is your phone stealing from you? New Android malware has been discovered that signs users up for paid subscriptions and then hides the evidence. Victims end up paying for services they don’t even know they have!
What Should I Do?
The malware takes advantage of the ability to subscribe to services and add them to your phone bill. This type of attack is known as toll fraud. If you use an Android phone, follow these security tips:
- Check your phone bill for unexpected charges
- This attack only work when connected to cellular data. Disable your mobile data if you suspect you may be a victim. Only use Wi-Fi until the malware is removed.
- Only install apps from the Google Play Store
- Regularly review your app permissions. Disable SMS permissions for apps that don’t need it
Tips for IT Managers:
- Install endpoint security on all mobile devices, not just PCs
- Use a mobile device manager to monitor the health of all mobile devices
Your Technology Partner,
The LeeShanok Team
Phoenix: 602-277-5757 Tucson: 520-888-9122 ITNews@leeshanok.com
Newsletter Repository: https://www.leeshanok.com/leeshanok-news